April 26, 2014

Six Things I Wish I Had Never Done

1
The last chance I met my grandmother before she passed away, I was busy going out with my cousins. Many times she called me to her room just to talk to her, but I spent only few minutes and went back to my cousin's room to talk nonsense. If I could turn back the time, this is the moment I wish I could rewind. I still dream about her since she passed away.

2
My Dad called me one day, asking me to call my grandfather to ask if he's okay (he was ill at that moment). I was talking to a group of friends in a mall. I live faraway so phone calls and texts are the only way to communicate with my family. Dad called me few times but to shut him up, I promised I would call him in one hour. Little did I know, there's a lot that could happen even in one minute. The next hour I called him, he had just passed away. My knees were suddenly weak and I cried in the mall's bathroom. 

3
Wasting money. I wish I had never wasted so much money on unimportant things. Living independently makes me realize how important it is to save and invest. 

4
Leaving AIESEC. Well, it was a complicated time. I got a scholarship that required me to actively join various activities, so AIESEC became second-placed. Seeing the huge opportunities to grow in this organization, I honestly wish I didn't sign up for the scholarship instead. 

5
Getting too close to anyone. I'm very comfortable with myself and I can't stand constant drama.

6
I didn't read enough when I was a student. I never felt like I have read enough. Now if only I could take those wasted times, I'd spend them on reading.

No comments: