February 05, 2014

Simple happiness

On Tuesday lazy evening, I got an email from my Malaysian boss. Turned out she's planning to pay me a weekend visit on March with her husband and children. She is the kind of person I highly respect, not only because she's my boss but also because she's... Well, I told you, the kind of person I respect a lot. (I sound nervous, yeas? I am!)

So of course I want to make sure she'll get the best trip of her lifetime. Though she didn't intend on having a nice trip (said she only wanted to meet me in person. Now how's that sound?), as the 'destination' of her trip, I made a note special only for her trip. Consisting of phone numbers, airport pickup service, car rent, culinary hot spots, etc. I offered her to stay at Padang Panjang (my city) instead of Padang, since there are a lot more to see. Padang is just another Indonesan big city and there are not much to long for as a visitor. She sticked with Padang, then Padang it is. To be honest, I feel more nervous since I'm not so interested about this city. Fingercrossed x_x

First thing to do is to get on my bike and ride to Padang. I did a little hotel survey. The choice is Basko Hotel. I went to the beach and found some culinary spots I wish she and her family will love. It took me until Ashr to finish the research. 

If you happen to live in a village or cold little peaceful city, you know how bad it is if you spend some times at a hot steamy crowded city. Your skin gets sticky, you sweat like a pig, your head hurts, and you just wish you suddenly find a pool and jump right in with your clothes still on. I did that everytime I visit Padang, it's always a pure torture. 

Luckily, on the way back home, I 'chose' to be lost (took different new road) and....


Yaayy!! A perfectly clean see-thru flowing water (river). Yep, that's me eating meatball after an-hour swimming back and forth, the the other one is the friend who accompanied me during the 'survey' and the 8-yo kid who swam like a dolphin. (Top left is one of the hotels we visited. )

It's been a while since I'm not reminded of how simple happiness could be. We went home tired and happy... I love this kind of day. 

No comments: