November 16, 2014

The Highlights of My Yesterday


Yesterday wasn't like just any other day. 
Sure, I woke up.
Cooked breakfast and lunch. 
Showered.
Went to work.
Worked.
Worked.
Worked.
Went home.
But not just that.

I felt nervous the whole day. Not because I was taking an exam. What? No... I didn't meet anybody famous. The reasons, the first one, is... Yesterday was my proposal day. The man I will soon marry came to my house with his family, asking for my hand. It was a traditional event. He has visited my house and met my parents early in September, and yesterday's event was the formal occassion. I wasn't there. Even if I was there, I'd only sit in my room and wait until everybody's gone :-p

I couldn't reach anybody to get any update. My village has the worst phone signal. So, imagine me sitting on my desk, looking like I'm working, but I'm actually thinking about what's happening at my house. 

By Ashr time, Dad called. I jumped and answered in a light speed. Alhamdulillah.... Alhamdulillah... Everything went better than we expected. The proposal ran smoothly. The date has been set. Alhamdulillahirabbilalamin... :) :) :)

Another highlight was an email from my Malaysian boss, saying that my work would increase in amount by February 2015. Means... There will be more work, and higher salary. By this time, I have asked myself... "Could this day be better?"

After Maghrib at home, my youngest brother came to me. Turned out he just broke his chicken bank and wanted to change his savings to bigger bills. I asked him, "You want to put that to your bank account, bro?". "No, I want to buy a watch."


I took a picture of him, feeling somehow proud to know that my brother has worked for what he wants. He could just ask me, because I would buy it for him, but he didn't. My youngest brother is the most stubborn member in my family, but he also stubbornly works for his wishes. 

Three highlights of my day and they will be enough to make me smile the whole month. Thank you, my Allah... :)

The highlight of my everyday :) Please don't mind the messy parts :-p

No comments: