January 02, 2014

Merpati peak for a perfect new year

What did you do in new year's eve? Well, what I did... was this. 

You can't see the stars but I promise they were there, really clear to any naked eyes
I climbed Merapi mountain with my folks. I didn't reach the top in time of the fireworks (though that was not my intention at all, but it was always fun to see fireworks on any occasion, don't you think?), I was in a nice position to see the beauty of the stars and the city. It was like two skies collide.
I must admit that it sucked when it comes to particular people who didn't seem to know how to have the common kind of fun: like laughing, joking, singing, but there were many people on the way who were open for any kind of conversation. So, no big deal. Instead of sitting there knowing no way to engage in the conversation, I wondered around taking pictures. Seriously, there were a lot interesting things to capture. 

One of them is the football game. What? Yes. They played a friendly match on top of Merapi. I couldn't help but asking myself, "Aren't your feet tired? Gee, mine feels like they need a bone surgery." But of course I didn't pop that question to anyone. I'm still a beginner and I didn't want that to be so obvious :-p

Sir dear sir, where thee acquire those almighty power?

Now let me show you one very nice shot.

Pray anywhere

By the time we reached the top, we knew it was too late for Shubuh prayer. But you know the rule. The people on the picture were performing wudhu. Too bad I didn't have the pic where they pray jama'ah. 

The highlight of my day was... reaching Merpati Peak. It's on my bucket list before turning 25. Alhamdulillah it came true way way before my actual birthday. 

The rocky road
Not to sound childish or what, but it's way more fun to climb any mountain with people you have the most fun with. Well, just like what they say about life, and I believe it's also the same with how you have been spending your life. But despite those, climbing mountains always leave one of the best memories. 

Thank you 2013. Welcome more spectacular 2014!

No comments: