January 21, 2014

How my Sunday went


Few days ago I was called by one of my high school juniors who is now a university student. Turned out they were holding an Islamic festival for speech, poetry, calligraphy, and other similar competition. Well, of course I said yes. I was in need of running away from this little city just to feel the longing of coming back. 

Anyway, so the competition went quite well I guess, cause I was at the English speech room during the whole sessions. When I got back to the auditorium after the speech finished, I spent some time watching the poetry. They had the biggest number of participants and it was held at the auditorium itself. The thing about poetry is always confusing me. Personally, I hate it when they speak some words more dramatically than the meaning itself. But one thing though, I adore their bravery. Really. Speaking in front of many people with such confidence of weird face expression is impeccably not common. It was funny when I was younger, but now that I'm older and (I guess I'm) capable of seeing the bigger picture, it's actually amazing talent. 

The highlight of my day was the conversation I had with Bu Ineng, a 51-yo lecturer in 6 universities who has 2 super bright children. We shared a lot about today's family education and that having children with quality must be the right choice than having them in big numbers. She talked a lot about new things I used to understand from books. It's been a long time I haven't met strangers with deep knowledge to share. Alhamdulillah... Inspiring and old people tend to leave me speechless. The always have the best stories and life lessons. 

I love how my last Sunday went. I’m hoping for new experiences in the future. 

No comments: