April 09, 2015

Home sweet home I come

Picture taken before going to Padang

The last time I went home was for my wedding day, 27th December 2014. Didn't feel that long ago, but having a husband whose heart attached to home, on last Thursday we decided to pack our bag and go to my hometown. 

We went to Padang to catch the car that will take us to Pintu Padang. which was scheduled at 17.00. Abang, how I call my husband, insisted on going to Padang earlier because we had to eat at his favorite Angkringan Jogja before leaving. Of course, I couldn't say no. It was food! Arrived at Padang just in time. One hour left before the car promised to pick us up. We ate in rush since the driver kept calling me asking if they could pick as soon as possible. We thought, oh okay. The sooner the better. So came the driver and to my village we went! Yaaay...

Except... That's not exactly what we thought would happen. 

Turned out we had to pick 3 more passengers in 3 more places. Quite far from each other. And the scheduled hour to leave at 17.00 turned into 20.00. I was super pissed off, but what could I say. If not with this car, we wouldn't be able to go home at all. But I promised myself not to go with this travel agent anymore in the future. 

Arrived home at 02.30 a.m. Home sweet home... Oh, the feeling of finally going home is inevitably the sweetest. One door opened... (Please let it be Mom)... The second door.. (Mooom....)... and there was... Who the heck are you?! Well, it was Rossi, my neighbor's son who gained so much weight that I couldn't recognize him anymore. 

Husband helping me cooking

We (well, I) planned to have lazy weekend in my house, but turned out there were occasions my parents invited us to attend. Abang, since he has better social sense also, was so excited that we would see my relatives. Not that I didn't want to, but my plan for going home was just... to do nothing. What a great plan, Ainun -_- 

To Ujung Gading and Air Bangis we went... Didn't take any picture. The heat made me want to do ice bucket challenge. Abang drove the car all the way back and forth and still managed to have proper conversation with everyone. 

Going home this time felt so different. It's all because of my husband. The villagers seemed to pay more attention to me, especially to Abang. I am the first (and currently the only) woman who married a man from different clan. How Abang greeted and talked to them clearly left some very nice impressions. 

Two and a half days... and I can't wait to go back for Idul Fitri.

No comments: