October 20, 2014

Friday Senses

A little peek at our Friday. 


Waking up feeling lazy, realizing it is Friday (my day off).
I suddenly felt a huge need for a morning walk. 
The last time I did it was almost a month ago. 
It’s currently random rainy season here but this morning it didn't rain. 
Ding ding ding!! 

Isn’t the world a funny place? 
Some people in this lazy little town still work today, some have their day off on Friday, like me. 
While people are busy going to work, and some others are enjoying their sleepy weekend morning, our brain quickly turned on by an idea of enjoying forest cold air in the mist.

The sun has rose quiet high at 7 a.m. but it didn't stop us from what we want: getting some sweat.

Finding our so-called cat waiting in front of the house
Now let me tell you a little bit about this cat. Let’s just take it as a ‘he’. I don’t know where he lives. Well, he seems to live at my porch, and never enters my house. Sometimes he does only to find something to eat, then goes out, and confidently eats what he finds at my porch. Such a confident stealing cat. I woke up everyday finding him there. I went to sleep every night finding him still there. (Where do ya live, bro?! Ain’t you got no home?) 

I think I need to give him a name. 


We started our morning walk at 7 a.m. Padang Panjang time. 
It was cold and misty. 
We had a little breakfast first, then we walked towards Padang Panjang ‘train station’ and chose to turn right towards Al-Hikmah school. 

We walked…
Enjoying the fresh air…
Some people looked at us like we had some boogie in our nose…
I don't know why.
I looked back and my brothers were....
doing this all all aaalll the way. -_-


At some point I got angry and told them to stop.
But mostly I enjoyed seeing them having "fun".
I just guess it's a perk of having brothers and no sister. 


We stopped for a moment at Minang Village,
or the locals call it "Mifan" as in Minang Fantasy.
As someone who grew up in this cold little city, I personally still call it Minang Village. 


It has been more than an hour walking from my house to this spot,
so we thought it's time to go back. 

But first...
Picture time!!




Honestly...
This is what I'm desperately missing right now.
Hopefully will sleep under the stars again sooner than I expect. 

Courtesy of Sheena Jibson

No comments: