June 18, 2014

Spontaneous Exploring (while you're sick)


To go outside when you're feeling sick is probably not the best option. Your doctor would not let you, and if you live with your parents, they'd get freaked out and lock all the doors and windows. But what if you're the kind of person who take going outside/exploring as one of your medication choices? I am that kind of person. 

I have been not so well this week. Works piled up, as it always happens in the end of academic year. I have got fever, recovered, and back to fever again and again for few days, and (pardon my language) managed to vomit everything I ate. It's terrible. I went to the doctor, they gave me pills. First they gave me 7 kind of meds, in many colors, I felt like I was a kid her parents would do anything so she would swallow them pills. I asked the pharmacist what each pill was for. I rejected 5 and went home with only 2 pills, white and blue. I promised I'd eat fruit and vegetable as the rejected pill's substitutes. 

I rest in bed for half a day, when after Zuhr I finally decided I couldn't stay inside anymore. I felt it's too much, and I needed to see the outsides and inhale the fresh air. So, out I went, with my bike, to my favorite cafe up above the hill. I stayed there until Isya time (19.30-ish) when the wind got crazy. The whole buildings looked like they would collapse in a minute. Anyway, I went home inside the storm. Slowly, afraid the wind would kick me out of the road. I managed to reach home, Alhamdulillah... I brushed my teeth and clean my face. I went straight to sleep, because I felt extremely tired. But one thing for sure, I was happy. 

I was happy to spend time in such a lovely space, to see the hills and felt the cold mountain air. I was afraid I'd get sicker, but I put away the thought. I read interesting books, as the cafe also had a private library containing history books. I read amazing pieces of literature. Before I closed my eyes to sleep, I thank Allah I went out that day. 

This morning, I haven't recovered, but it doesn't get any worse. So, basically it's the same physical condition with different mental state. I went to work after swallowing the two pills. I don't feel better, but I feel better. I hope you see the difference. 

No comments: